Team Emgus - Triathletes
Sunwise is delighted to announce the sponsorship of Team Emgus in 2018. Team Emgus consists of 2 budding triathletes Emily and Angus. Emily and Angus have competed at both national and international level whilst representing Great Britain and have both achieved championship titles in the process. Team Emgus has been created to bring this power couple together and to improve their standing in the world of triathlons.
Emily is a second year Chemistry student studying at Nottingham Trent University. Emily first started competing in triathlons back in 2014, she came from more of a swimming background with experience in competing at the national level. She soon fell in love with triathlons and has been hooked ever since.
- Qualifying to compete at the 2015, 2016 and 2018 European Sprint distance Championships and 2017 European Standard distance Championships.
- Achieving 12th at the 2015 and 6th at the 2016 European Sprint distance Championships.
- Qualifying to compete at the 2015 World Sprint distance Championships and the 2017 World Standard distance Championships.
- Achieving 29th at the 2017 World Standard distance Championships.
- Becoming British Standard distance Champion in 2016 among other National Championship podiums over the years.
Angus is in his final year at Loughborough University and is studying civil engineering. Angus first started his triathlon journey in 2013, Angus previously came from a rugby background giving him a lot of strength both physically and mentally that could be used to compete in triathlons.
- Qualifying to compete at the 2014 and 2018 European Sprint distance Championships, 2015, 2016 and 2017 European Standard distance Championships and 2016 European Middle distance Championships.
- Achieving 6th at the 2014 European Sprint distance Championships, 10th at the 2015 and 5th at the 2016 European Standard distance Championships and 16th at European Middle distance Championships.
- Qualifying to compete at the 2014, 2015, and 2017 World Standard distance Championships.
- Achieving 14th at the 2017 World Standard distance Championships.
- Becoming British Standard distance Champion in 2014 among several other National/British Championship podiums over the years.
Aside from competing together in triathlons for many years to come, both Emily and Angus have big plans for team Emgus including their plan to coach other budding athletes how to train and compete at the highest level. Emily and Angus have years of coaching experience and wish to help encourage others to follow their path to success, if not just to encourage others to give triathlons a go.
Emily and Angus have each decided to wear a pair of our Chromafusion 2.0 range that are perfect for Triathlons. Angus has chosen to wear our innovative Hastings Wind model, these sunglasses feature a panoramic one piece lens that offers the latest in eyewear innovation and technology. The lens will react to the amount of sunlight to give him the optimal coverage needed. Its lightweight and slim line frame will mean Angus will barely feel it on his head whilst competing.
Emily has gone for a pair of our Wellington Pink sunglasses, she has decided to customise this pair by mixing our blue platinum Chromafusion 2.0 lenses with the frame. Our Wellington model is half framed and has a thicker arm than the Hastings. This model is the perfect balance between robust and lightweight and suits running and cycling perfectly.